Additional Deed Recording Fee To Take Effect On March 11, 2020

Effective March 11, 2020 there will be a $10 fee added to all residential deed recordings.
See Letter for more information.

View Our Land Records Online!

You can search and view land-related legal documents, such as mortgages, deeds, satisfactions, and assignments.

Begin your search!

The Rockland County Clerk files and records land-related legal documents, such as mortgages, deeds, satisfactions, and assignments. To be recorded, all documents must be originals, in recordable form, legible, signed and notarized. Some of our most common Land Records forms can be downloaded below (click on last question on page)


Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I get a copy or certified copy of a recorded document?

You may go to the Information Desk in the search room of the Rockland County Clerk’s Office:

Rockland County Courthouse,
1 South Main Street, Suite 100,
New City, New York 10956-3549,
P: (845)638-5069.

You can also submit a written request to this address, accompanied by an S.A.S.E. with sufficient postage to return your copies.

ALL requests, whether in person or by mail, will incur the following charges:
  • UNCERTIFIED COPIES: $5.00 search fee, plus a copy fee of $.50/page.
  • CERTIFIED COPIES: $5.00 search fee PER COPY REQUEST, plus a copy fee of $1.25/page.
What are the requirements for filing correction and re-recorded documents?

When documents are being filed as rerecorded or corrections, certain requirements must be met. View these requirements.

Can I get a copy of a recorded document online?

You may view some documents online at no fee, see our document search area for further information on fees for printing online documents.

How do I find out the price someone paid for a property?

By viewing the deed, you can locate the purchase price in one of two ways. On the document's cover sheet, the deed amount will be listed a the purchase amount, or take the transfer tax and use the following formula:

  • Purchases before 5/82 - Transfer Tax divided by 1.10 times 1000.
  • Purchases after 5/82 - Transfer Tax divided by 4.00 times 1000.
How do I get a subdivision map?

You can request a map by filling out a Map Order Slip at the Reproduction Department, located in the rear of the search room.

  • Orders placed 9:00 a.m. —11:00 a.m. will be ready by 12:00 noon.
  • Orders placed 11:00 a.m. — 3:00 p.m. will be ready at 4:00 p.m.
  • Orders placed 3:00 p.m. — 5:00 p.m. will be ready by 12:00 noon the next day.
There is a $5 charge for each map.
What are the requirements for filing subdivision maps?
  • Permanent ink on linen or Mylar.
  • Planning Board signature within 60 days.
  • Actual Licensed Land Surveyor’s seal or stamp (not a copy) and certification:
    “We hereby certify that this subdivision plat was prepared by us and was made from an actual survey completed by us on _________(date)”.
  • Surveyor’s signature and license number (original signature, not a copy) can only be signed by a L.S., L.S.&P.E. NOT just P.E. (P.E.= Professional Engineer, L.S.= Land Surveyor)
  • Conflict clause:
    “This plat does not conflict with the county official map, and has been approved in the manner specified in Section 239n of the General Municipal Law when applicable.”
  • More than two lots must be endorsed by the Health Department.
  • Size: Minimum: 8 ½” X 11”, Maximum: 34” X 44”
  • Letters from the County Commissioner of Finance and Receiver of Taxes of the town or village, stating that the taxes have been paid.
  • Approval letter from the Real Property Tax Services (Dept of Finance)
  • Must have endorsement by Drainage Dept. Filing fee: $10.00, Copy of filed map: $5.00 for each copy
How do I get a survey map of an individual plot?

Maps of individual plots are not filed in this office and are therefore unavailable.

How do I find out if property is located in a flood zone?
Unofficial flood zone maps are located in the search room. See Information Desk personnel for assistance. For additional information contact the NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation at 518-402-8185