During this health crisis Adult Protective Services will be unable to make face to face referrals. Those who wish to make a referral can call 845-364-3571 or utilize the email address

 APS Referral Form 

Adult Services

Adult Services is comprised of two units, Adult Protective Services and Adult Services.

Provides various preventive and protective services to assist adults, age 18 or over.

Adult Protective Services

Adult Protective Services is a program to assist adults, age 18 or over, living in the community, who because of mental or physical impairments cannot provide for their basic need for food, clothing, shelter, or medical care, or protect themselves from neglect, abuse, financial abuse, or hazardous conditions in a reasonable manner.  Services are provided without regard to income and are based on the guiding principles of the individual's right to self-determination and the least restrictive alternatives.

To make a referral, contact the APS Unit at (845) 364-3571 or complete the APS Referral form and email to  

The Department of Social Services certifies the Family Type Home program.  Family type homes for adults are owner operated that provide residential care to adults in their own home. Each home is limited to a maximum of four residents. The Rockland County Department of Social Services can provide assistance in the application process. Applications Approval and licensing are provided by New York State Office Of Children and Family Services. For more information call (845) 364-3571 or see Pub 1327

Additional information for Adult Protective Services can be found at

NY State Publications:


Please note if this is an emergency call 911

Adult Services

Individuals who are in receipt of Medicaid and have medical documentation, maybe eligible to receive Home Care Services. Individuals will need a Physician's Order to be completed and sent to Adult Services. Upon receipt and all necessary information is contained, a Home Assessment will be scheduled.

If individuals are under the Managed Care Program, all their home care needs are to be provided by the Managed Care plan they have chosen or have been assigned. Adult Services will act as a resource by providing information on where to call to resolve any issues or receive information on various Managed Care Plans.

Contact Adult Services at (845) 364-3581