Below is a brief description of several of our eligibility and support services. Please click on the navigation bar to the left to obtain additional information and, if applicable, application instructions.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) enable households to supplement their food budget.
- Home Assistance Energy Program (HEAP) assists households to pay their energy bills.
- Medicaid is one of the many medical insurance programs that provide health insurance to individuals.
- Temporary Assistance provides temporary help to individuals and families who are unable to work or working in a job that pays less than the poverty level.
- See more eligibility programs......
- Children and Family Services provides preventive and protective services to children, adults and families.
- Adult Services provides monitoring of home care services to Medicaid recipients.
- Legal Services encompass many areas, including initiating Child Support orders, investigating fraud and recoupment from recipients when assets or resources are later uncovered.
Programs & Services
The Rockland County Department of Social Services (DSS) offers a wide range of eligibility programs and services to families and individuals to assist them in meeting their basic needs for food, shelter and medical care.
We also offer a broad range of support services, including services to strengthen family life, prevent family disruption, promote individual functioning and keep families together; temporary placement in foster homes, group homes or institutions; and services to help the elderly or disabled remain in their own home.