Summer 2016 Drought Debrief and Water-Saving Tips:
- Current Status:
- Drought Watering Restrictions Lifted as of September 22, 2016. For more information visit Department of Health website or click here
- Summer Drought Alert Debrief 2016
- The Drought & Flood Committee representative of the Department of Health delivered a presentation at the public TF meeting on September 22, 2016. The presentation explains drought triggers and debriefs on how these triggers played out this summer when drought alert with mandatory restrictions was issued despite a relatively normal water levels in Lake De Forest. To view the presentation, click here: Drought Update Presentation - 09-22-16
- With questions on the subject, please contact the TF Coordinator
- Water Saving Tips from US EPA WaterSense Program:
State Public Service Commission (PSC) Documents & Comments - Case No. 16-W-0130
Last Chance for public to comment on Suez-NY water plans for 5 upcoming years! Participate to express on the record your support or opposition to the Joint Proposal (JP) filed on September 2nd on the PSC filing DMM site under rate case # 16-W-0130. See direct link to JP.
!!! Comment directly on the PSC website in a web-form now and until December 9, 2016 !!!
Comment via internet or mail: Go to the Web site (www.dps.ny.gov), click on "Search," enter the case number (16-W-0130), and then click on "Post Comments" at the top of the page. Alternatively, comments may be e-mailed to the Secretary to the Commission at email@example.com, or mailed or delivered to: Hon. Kathleen H. Burgess, Secretary,Public Service Commission,Three Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York 12223-1350 (always refer to the case number in the subject line).
All written comments will become part of the record in this proceeding and will be reported to the Commission for its consideration. All written comments may be accessed on the Commission's Web site.
Comment via toll free line: You may call the Commission's Opinion Line at 1-800-335-2120. This
number is set up to take comments about pending cases from in-State callers, 24 hours a day. These comments are not transcribed verbatim, but a summary is provided to the Commission.
PSC E-Filing Platform: Proceeding on Motion of the Commission as to the Rates, Charges, Rules and Regulations of Suez Water New York Inc. for Water Service (case 16-W-0130)
- PSC Notice of Public Statement Hearings on Proposed Water Rate Increase - 05-24-16
- TF Chairwoman's Public Statement Hearing Comments - delivered 06-16-16 at RCC, filed 06-17-16 at PSC portal
- Official Transcript of Public Statement Hearing Comments - 09-29-16
- Initial Testimony of Chairwoman Cornell on the JP - 09-14-16
- Responsive Testimony of Chairwoman Cornell on the JP - 09-23-16
Wastewater Reuse Studies for Rockland County Sewer District No. 1:
The attached updated reuse study was prepared on Task Force recommendation for the Rockland County Sewer District No. 1 (SD#1), represented on the Task Force by Dianne Phillips. Currently, the Orangeburg Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) allows for treatment of effluent flow up to 28.9 mgd (millions of gallons per day) on a 12 month rolling average in accordance with the current SPDES permit.
The consultant updated the 2002 draft Reuse Study by modifying Alternative No. 2 (Section 7.2) based on various improvements since the last report was drafted. Updates now include choice of two discharge locations with two flow conditions to provide four alternatives that would convey 2 or 5 mgd of high quality effluent water from the Orangeburg WWTP to the Hackensack River Basin, discharging into either Lake DeForest or Lake Tappan, depending on the chosen alternative. Cost estimates of planning, construction and annual operation for each alternative are included in the report.
Task Force Green Infrastructure Project with Stevens Institute of Technology (SIT):
- TF appreciates funds provided for student sponsorship by Rockland County Soil & Water Conservation District
- Kickoff Meeting of TF Workgroup and SIT students: Agenda & Workplan - 10-22-15
- TF Workgroup Meeting: Agenda - 11-19-15
- Workgroup Meeting: Meeting Notes - 11-19-15
- Draft Site Selection: Decision-Making Framework & Criteria
- Task Force Meeting: Midterm Presentation by Students - 02-01-16
- Task Force Meeting: Final SIT Student Presentation - 04-25-16
- Project Highlight Info Sheet
- SIT GI Student Project Final Report
- Student Final Design Poster
Task Force Drought & Flood Committee - Drought Model Presentation & Video:
- The Committee presented on October 21, 2015 at Orangetown Town Hall:
- Drought Model Presentation: Video Recording posted on YouTube
- Drought Model: Final Memorandum - 03-22-16
Amy Vickers Presentation & Report:
State Public Service Commission (PSC) Documents & Correspondence - PSC Ref. Case No. 13-W-0303:
This interactive map provides data pertaining to both surface and groundwater in the Rockland County vicinity. Users can display many layers including wetlands, lakes, streams, groundwater, watersheds, soils, topography, parcels and impervious surfaces. A user can search for a location by address, intersection or tax ID, sketch on the map, measure distances, save or print a map.
- Legislator Harriet Cornell's Invitation to Amy Vickers Presentation - 06-27-15
- Leg. Harriet Cornell Press Release on Vickers Report - 07-27-15
- Leg. H. Cornell's Press Release Opposing United Water's Retreat from Task Force - 08-12-15
- Leg. H. Cornell's Press Release Marking TF Anniversary and Inviting Public Comments to PSC - 09-22-15
- Water Task Force Reviews Drought Plan
- Leg. Cornell Asks Public Service Commission to Abandon the Desalination Project
- Task Force to Receive $250K Funding for Water Conservation Efforts in 2016 State Budget