The Maintainance and Construction Division maintains approximately 340 lane miles of county roads in a travel safe condition. This includes responsibility for:
- Removing snow and ice from the County Road System to achieve snow and ice free roads (i.e., "black pavement" policy).
- Maintaining and repairing pavement and shoulders on county roads including pothole repair, crack sealing, micro paving and hot and cold blacktop.
- Maintaining and repairing county bridges and culverts.
- Maintaining and/or constructing drainage systems and drainage structures on the County Road System.
- Maintaining guide railing, and replacing substandard and/or deteriorated guide railing, on the County Road System.
- Maintaining and installing traffic control and delineation devices (signs, line and zone striping, etc.) on the County Road System.
- Maintaining and repairing the Highway Department's fleet of vehicles and construction equipment.
- Storing 4,700± tons of salt in Stony Point and Pomona for snow and ice removal.
- Removing trees from the county's right-of-way that are dead, dying, weakened or impeding sight distances on a county road.
- Maintaining and/or landscaping vegetated areas within the county's right-of-way.
- Litter and debris cleanup within the county's right-of-way.
Some reminders for our customers, the traveling public:
- Give snowplows enough room to work and stay far enough behind the plow so the operator can see your vehicle in one of the rear view mirrors on his vehicle.
- Do not push snow from your property onto a road. This could create a hazard and you could be held liable if the snow you pushed onto a road causes an accident.
Download a copy of County Highway Department Plowing and Salting Routes Map (1MB pdf)
Download a copy of County Highway Snow and Ice removal Policy (4.7MB pdf)
Download a copy of County Highway Environmental Policy for Salt Storage (120KB pdf)NEW: