Andrew M. Connors, P.E. - Deputy Superintendent of Highways, Construction Manager
Joseph Pyzowski, P.E. - Project Manager
The Highway Department's Engineering division is composed of licensed professional engineers, surveyors, engineering technicians and draftsmen. The Engineering Division plans, engineers, designs and constructs capital projects in conformance with the standards and specifications of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials and the New York State Department of Transportation. This includes responsibility for:
- Prioritizing, planning and budgeting for road, bridge and culvert reconstruction/rehabilitation and replacement projects.
- Coordinating capital project planning and budgeting with County Planning Department to obtain federal and state funding.
- Project management.
- Consultant selection and management.
- Survey and layout for contracted and in-house construction projects.
- Detailed design of road, bridge and culvert projects.
- Bid document preparation.
- Construction management.
- Survey to delineate county's right-of-way and property lines.
- Survey and layout of traffic striping and zones.
- Management of maintenance and repair programs for county's bridges and culverts.
- Right-of-way mapping and acquisition.