Healthier Worksites, Healthier Workers
Worksite Wellness Programs have been shown to reduce employee stress, health care costs, and absenteeism, and increase productivity, morale, and loyalty. We will work with your organization to develop a customized Worksite Wellness Plan, or enhance your existing Worksite Wellness Program.
2010-2015 Creating Healthy Places to Live Work & Play (CHPLWP) Worksite Wellness Grant:
In 2010, the Rockland County Department of Health was awarded this five year grant from the New York State Department of Health. Through this initiative, we worked closely with 20 small to mid-sized employers (under 1,000 employees) to implement comprehensive worksite wellness programs. Additional benefits and services, including funding, was awarded to many of the participating worksites. Click here to read the evaluation report and success story.
We offer the following free services to Rockland employers:
A one-hour assessment and consultation to determine areas of needs and provide program recommendations. To receive your free one-hour consultation send us an email.
Assistance with the development and maintenance of worksite wellness committees.
Encouragement and implementation of workplace policies that are conducive to healthy behaviors (i.e. Healthy Meeting Guidelines, Vending and Cafeteria Policies).
Consultation, measurement, and signage for indoor and outdoor walking paths.
Coordination of lunch & learn presentations using internal staff and professionals from throughout the county on a variety of health topics.
We offer the following onsite programs:
- Put It Out Rockland: An 8-week group smoking cessation class - Quit smoking in group or individual sessions. Low cost nicotine replacement products available if medically eligible. Call (845) 364-2651 or visit to learn more.
- Lose to Win: An 8-week weight loss group - Learn how to lose weight safely, start an exercise program, shop for healthy groceries plus adapt favorite recipes in eight group sessions.
- Cooking Demonstrations that highlight quick, easy, and nutritious recipes.
- Salad and Soup Club Starter Kit: Over 40 salad and soup recipes along with guidelines for how to implement a salad or soup club are provided. Starting a weekly salad or soup club can build employee moral while sharing a healthy meal. View a sample recipe and the guidelines for starting a salad club. View a sample recipe and the guidelines for starting a soup club. Request a starter kit today.
- A variety of educational materials including brochures, posters, and handouts.
- Biometric screenings (blood pressure, body fat content, diabetes risk assessment).
- Other worksite wellness resources and technical assistance to accommodate the needs of the individual worksite.
Many more services are available! For more info call 845-364-2500 or email us today!