Put on your walking shoes and enjoy the "great outdoors!" Join trained and experienced Rockland County Trail Guides on a variety of free local guided walks. Take advantage of this great chance to explore our beautiful, natural environment and get some exercise at the same time!
Guided park walks offer visitors varied terrain, great scenery, interesting discussion points, and different levels of walking.
Walks are generally scheduled throughout the year - stay tuned by checking out this website periodically for updates.
Important general information about the guided walks:
- Pre-registration for all walks is suggested (for some walks pre-registration is required). For more information about the walks or to register, call (845) 708-7307 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Please check back here and click on the walk(s) you are interested in for more information, directions, and any changes to the schedule. Walks are held throughout the year - stay tuned by checking out the website periodically for updates.
- Meet in the parking lot, unless otherwise specified.
- All walks are rain or shine.
- Wear proper footwear (closed-toe sturdy shoes such as walking shoes/boots or sneakers) and clothing (light-colored) and seasonally appropriate attire such as a jacket or hat, depending on the weather. Hiking boots are preferred.
- Bring along binoculars, water, sunscreen, a snack, and walking sticks if desired.
- As with any physical activity program, it is recommended you speak to your physician before starting.
- All guided walks are coordinated and supported in partnership with the Rockland County Division of Environmental Resources, the Rockland County Youth Bureau's Conservation and Service Corps program and the Rockland County Department of Health.
Visit our County of Rockland Parks page for more info and color maps of each park.
Planning on spending time outdoors? Follow these tips to help prevent Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases. For more information call (845) 364-2500 or click here.
For information on preventing mosquito bites click here.