Information about Flooding and Sewage Overflows
Flood waters and sewage overflows and backups can contain bacteria, fecal material, viruses and other organisms that may cause disease. Please use the following information to help protect your health and prevent disease.
- Cleaning Up After A Flood Or Sewage Overflow - Steps to take in the event of flooding or sewage overflow.
- Disinfecting Drinking Water - How to disinfect your drinking water in the event that it has become contaminated.
- Rockland County Registered Well Testing Laboratories - Listing of environmental testing laboratories currently approved by the RCDOH.
- Rockland County Registered Well Contractors - Current listing of well contractors who have been approved and registered by the Rockland County Department of Health.
- If Your Private Well Has Been Flooded - If you receive your water from a private well, and that well has been flooded during heavy rains, you should assume that your water has been contaminated.