Firefighter Training Programs
The Rockland County Fire Training Center opened in 1973, thanks to the foresight and efforts of many dedicated fire service leaders. Over the years, we have been educating personnel in fire prevention, protection and suppression.
Our Mission Statement reads: "The Rockland County Office of Fire and Emergency Services provides support and training necessary to the Rockland County Fire Service and all Emergency Responders so that they may provide our citizens with the finest available emergency services."
REGISTER FOR A CLASS!
Rockland FD's Only.
We continue to expand and improve our firefighter training programs. We presently offer National Fire Academy Outreach Courses, New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control Fire Service Outreach Courses, and over 300 Rockland County Fire Training Courses. We can also develop and present courses to meet your special needs.
Each of the training bulletins posted below contains information about courses and tests. Some of these are given on a specific date and time while others are given upon request.
- Active Shooter 17-07
- ADMS Incident Command Post 01-03
- Bloodborne Pathogens 17-03
- Building Construction for the Fire Service 17-18
- Crude Oil by Rail 17-05
- Elevator Rescue 17-06
- Emergency Vehicle Ops 17-12
- FAST Team 17-14
- Firefighter I 01-01
- Firefighter Survival 17-13
- Fit Testing 17-02
- Haz Mat Refresher 17-04
- Illegal Housing 17-08
- Natural Gas Emergencies-All FD 17-10
- Natural Gas Emergencies-One FD 17-11
- Officer Development: LT & Aspiring Officers 17-09
- Pump Operator 17-15
Youth Academy (Ages 12 & up)
For ages twelve to fourteen this academy introduces young adults to the world of Emergency Services. This 6-week program will introduce you to the Fire and Emergency Medical Services provided in Rockland County. You will receive classroom and hands-on training in firefighting, first aid and rescue operations. You will gain live-saving skills and become certified in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). The Fire & EMS Youth Academy meets at the Rockland County Fire Training Center in Pomona, NY.
View our complete list of courses and register for a class.
Forms and Applications
- Fax Training Request Form (Non-Rockland Fire Depts must use to Register for Classes)
- Firefighter I Live Fire Certification
- National Certification Exam Application
- National Exam Requirements
- NYS Training Authorization (This form must be filled out for all courses which use SCBA)
- Request for Fire Training Records (FOIL)
- Firefighter I Skill Sheets
National Safety Council 6-Hour Defensive Driving Course
Open to all Volunteer Firefighters and Volunteer EMS
Seating is Limited – Register Today
The Defensive Driving Course gives you the following benefits:
- 10% Insurance Reduction on Liability & Collision Premiums
- Up to 4 points reduction from NYS Drivers License
- Flexible Scheduling (see below)
- Experienced, Friendly Instructors
- Three Year Certification
- Relaxed Atmosphere
- $25 per person
Course given at:
Rockland County Fire Training Center
35 Firemens Memorial Drive
Pomona, NY 10970
Please call the Fire Training Center (845) 364-8808 to schedule a class for your department.
Class size is limited to 40.