Pay Your Taxes Online

As a convenience to our taxpayers, the County of Rockland is now offering the ability to pay your Delinquent/Quarterly Taxes online either with an electronic check or a credit card. There is no charge for paying by check and a 3.0% fee for paying by credit card.

Quarterly Payments:
The 1st payment due January 15th is paid to the Receiver of your town.
The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th payments are paid to the Commissioner of Finance and may be paid via our online payment system.

Pay Your County Taxes Online


As part of the effort to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus, along with the decisions recently made pertaining to the safety of Rockland County residents and surrounding counties, the services we provide in the Tax office have been modified.

  • Any payments made to the County for unpaid or quarterly taxes must be made by mail or via the web. You may use our website to electronically pay your bill.
  • You may call our office for updated amounts if needed (845) 364-3878.
  • If you choose to pay by check, certified funds or money order please make checks payable to the: Commissioner of Finance and mail payments to:

    Commissioner of Finance
    50 Sanatorium Road
    Bldg. A – 8th Floor
    Pomona, NY  10970

  • Please use the link below to apply using the new on-line process for certificate of residency for community college. If you have any questions please call the office during the hours of 9-5 daily at 845-364-3829.
    New College Certificate of Residence Online Application

  • All other services such as tax searches and duplicate receipts can be obtained by calling the office during the hours of 8-4 daily.

Department Mission:
To perform all fiscal responsibilities for the County for revenue and expenditure recognition, collection of delinquent taxes and approve payments of all lawful claims for which the County is responsible.

View a listing of our bonds/notes for the past year on Bond Buyer newspaper

Current Bond Ratings

Fitch A+ Positive Outlook
Moody's Aa1 Stable Outlook
S&P AA Stable Outlook

Read the August 12, 2022 press release: Rockland From Worst to First: Rockland Achieves Remarkable Bond Rating.

Services provided to Rockland County government:

  • Accounting
  • Accounts Payable
  • Payment of County employees
  • Preparation of financial statements of Rockland County
  • Auction of County-owned property acquired through foreclosure process

Services provided to Rockland County residents:

Bail Refunds

When a case is concluded in Supreme Court (County Court), the judge will issue an order, called a Bail Exoneration Order, directing the Commissioner of Finance to refund the cash bail.

It is advisable to contact the Department of Finance to verify the County is holding the bail. Some bail is held at the local justice court.

The following documents are required to obtain a bail refund:

  • Original, certified copy of the Bail Exoneration Order (available at the office of the Rockland County Clerk)
  • Photo ID
  • Original Bail Receipt received when you paid the bail

If the original receipt is lost, complete the lost bail receipt Affidavit, have it notarized and submit to the Department of Finance. This may result in a delay beyond the five days.

If bail is to be refunded to someone other than the person who originally posted bail, complete the Bail Assignment form, have it notarized and submit with original, certified copy of the Bail Exoneration Order and Photo ID.

If for any reason, the address on the original receipt is no longer valid, complete the Cash Refund Change of Address Notice, have it notarized and submit with original, certified copy of the Bail Exoneration Order and Photo ID.

A bail refund check will be issued in approximately five (5) business days.  All bail refund checks will be mailed.

Requests may be made in person with the requirements listed above or mailed to:

County of Rockland
Department of Finance
50 Sanatorium Road
Building A-8th Floor
Pomona NY 10970

All mailed requests must have the original documents and a copy of the photo ID.

Return of Funds Held in Court and Trust

Prior to the release of court held funds, the Commissioner of Finance must receive the following documents:

  • An original certified court order, signed by the judge, ordering the Commissioner of Finance of the County of Rockland to release the funds, plus accumulated interest, less fees (unless case pertains to a matter of eminent domain).
  • A W-9 form with the name and address of the party who will receive the funds, as named in the certified court order.
  • A cover letter stating whether the funds are to be mailed or picked up.

A check for the return of funds will be mailed in approximately five (5) business days.

These documents may be mailed or delivered to:

County of Rockland
Department of Finance
50 Sanatorium Road
Building A-8th Floor
Pomona NY 10970

Faxed or e-mailed documents are not accepted.

If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Finance (845) 364-3870. 

College Certificate of Residence

Rockland County residents may obtain a College Certificate of Residence to reduce tuition costs while attending a two-year SUNY/CUNY college outside of Rockland County.

Any student who is a resident of Rockland County must prove residency and meet the guidelines required by the New York State Education Department.

  • A post office box address or envelope addressed to you does not qualify as proof of residence.
  • Once issued, certificate is valid for one year.
  • Bring your Certificate of Residence to the college at the time of your registration for courses.

How to obtain a College Certificate of Residence

Follow the steps below to ensure smooth processing of your certificate:

  1. Visit the new College Certificate of Residence Online Application.
  2. The application must be completed by the student, not the parent or guardian unless student is a minor, and all required documents attached.
  3. Declare Citizenship: Immigrant aliens must have held an Alien Identification Card for one full year and be able to establish NYS residency to be eligible for certificate of residency. An undocumented alien is eligible for a certificate of residency if the student received a GED or graduated from a Rockland County high school after attending at least two years and applies for SUNY admission within five years of receiving the Rockland County diploma.
  4. Proper proof of residence must be submitted along with the application to prove student's residency. Acceptable forms of identification are as follows:
    Driver's license, which must be at least 6 months old, non-drivers license, tax return, student transcript, utility bill, paycheck stub, bank statement, or car registration/insurance card. All forms of identification must have the student's Rockland County address clearly visible in order to be acceptable.
  5. If the online application cannot be completed, print the application and mail or bring it in person together with the required documents to the address below:

    Rockland County Department of Finance
    Attn: College Certificate of Residence
    50 Sanatorium Road
    Building A-Room 184
    Pomona NY 10970

    NOTE: Whether in person or by mail, the application has to be notarized.
    If you have further questions, please call (845) 364-3829