Philip Soskin ~ District 7 Legislator
(845) 638-5753 ~ SoskinP@co.rockland.ny.us
- Committee Chair: Multi-Services.
- Committee Member: Budget & Finance and Public Safety.
- Born in New York City, grew up in the Kingsbridge section of the Bronx
- Graduated from DeWitt Clinton High School
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree from the CCNY Baruch School of Business
- Served in the U.S. Army for 2 years on active duty. Stationed in France for 18 months
- Moved from New York City to Monsey in 1968. Married to Joan Nowve' in 1959
- The father of 3 children; Richard, Laura, and Bonnie. Now happily the grandfather of 8
- Self employed, Licensed New York State Public Accountant
- Prior to self-employment worked for many C.P.A. firms
- Taught Accounting at Rockland Community College as an Adjunct Professor
- Served as President and other positions at B'nai Jeshurun Synagogue of Monsey, N.Y.
- On the Board of Directors of Jewish Family Service of Rockland County
- Member of Jewish War Veterans; Fred Hecht Post
- As a young man, Assistant Scoutmaster and Explorer Advisor to Boy Scouts of America.
- Democratic Committeeman
- Monsey Area Chairman of Ramapo Democratic Committee
- Chairman of Ramapo Democratic Orthodox Caucus
- Member of Rockland County Workers' Compensation Self Insurance Committee
- Member of Town of Ramapo Planning Board
- Chairman of Citizens Advisory Committee for Community Development Funds
- Chairman, Multi-Services Committee
- Member, Budget and Finance Committee
- Member, Public Safety Committee
- Member, Rockland County Solid Waste Management Authority