Register to Vote
If you are not registered and plan to vote in Thursday, September 10th, 2015 Primary or the Tuesday, November 3rd, 2015 General Election, please read the information below so you don't miss participating in this important elections.
*Please note the State legislature has moved the Primary to a Thursday this year to accommodate holiday observance.
In order to register to vote, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be 18 years of age by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote.
- Live at your present address at least 30 days before an election.
- Not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction.
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
Voter Registration Forms:
Download and print the form you need below.
Be sure to print all information neatly so it can be clearly understood.
New York State Voter Registration Form
New York State Voter Registration Form (Spanish)
With this Registration Form, you register to vote in elections in New York State.
You can also use this Form to:
- Change the name or address on your voter registration
- Become a member of a political party
- Change your party membership
Note: You must register at least 25 days prior to an election to be eligible to vote in that election.
These are the deadlines for the November 3rd elections:
Note: All changes to party enrollment go into effect once a year. They must be filed 25 days prior to the general election and will go into effect seven days after the general election of that year.
For additional information, visit the New York State Board of Elections.