Register to Vote
If you are not registered and plan to vote:
- Presidential Primary - April 19, 2016
- Federal Primary - June 28, 2016
- State and Local Primary - September 13, 2016
- General Election - November 8, 2016
Please read the information below so you don't miss participating in these important elections.
In order to register to vote, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be 18 years of age by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote.
- Live at your present address at least 30 days before an election.
- Not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction.
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
Voter Registration Forms:
Download and print the form you need below.
Be sure to print all information neatly so it can be clearly understood.
New York State Voter Registration Form
New York State Voter Registration Form (Spanish)
With this Registration Form, you register to vote in elections in New York State.
You can also use this Form to:
- Change the name or address on your voter registration
- Become a member of a political party
- Change your party membership
Note: You must register at least 25 days prior to an election to be eligible to vote in that election.
These are the deadlines for the 2016 Elections:
Presidential Primary - March 25, 2016 (In person and by mail).
Federal Primary - June 3, 2016 (In person and by mail).
State and Local Primary - August 19, 2016 (In person and by mail).
General Election -October 14, 2016 (In person and by mail).
Note: All changes to party enrollment go into effect once a year. They must be filed 25 days prior to the General Election and will go into effect seven days after the General Election of that year.
For additional information, visit the New York State Board of Elections.